I’m a big fan of quick bread. Throw a bunch of ingredients in a bowl, pop in the oven and in an hour you have a delicious freshly baked creation that’s just waiting to be devoured.
This latest bread creation was due to an abundance of bananas in the house, a box of fresh blueberries, and a yummy recipe I found on Daily Garnish. And oh my, this bread is quite good. The addition of the Greek Yogurt gives it a nice hearty texture and complements the blueberries and bananas perfectly. You must make this recipe now!
Blueberry Banana Yogurt Bread (adapted from this recipe):
Ingredients (1 loaf)
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 large ripe bananas
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup Greek yogurt (I used one small container of Fage 0%)
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Combine your flours, baking powder, and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- In a smaller bowl, mash bananas with a fork or potato masher.
- Add in your 1/2 cup honey
- Add in cup of yogurt
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, and mix well. Add in the blueberries!
- Pour batter into a greased loaf pan and distribute evenly.
- Pop into the oven and bake for one hour, or until the top is golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean.