Per usual, the holiday season is rapidly approaching and I once again find myself unprepared. Gifts still need to be purchased, the tree needs to be decorated and holiday goodies need to be baked. Between a trip up to San Francisco/Napa (more on that soon) and a busy work schedule, there hasn’t been much time for holiday cheer.
For my first holiday baking venture this season, I decided to go with one of my favorite recipes – Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies. These cookies are made with white and semi-sweet chocolate chips, and are loaded with other good things like oats and butter. They aren’t quite as decadent as other holiday treats, but they are the perfect cookie to get me in the holiday baking mood. Plus, they taste pretty amazing with a cup of Trader Joe’s candy cane green tea.
These cookies come together in a flash so if you need to bring a dessert to a holiday party or potluck, may I recommend these little oatmeal gems?
Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies (adapted from this recipe)
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup regular oats
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Cooking spray
- Preheat your oven to 350°.
- Combine your dry ingredients in a large bowl – flour, oats baking soda, and salt and blend well. Add butter, vanilla and egg into the bowl and continue to mix well. You can use a stand mixer or just mix well by hand. Slowly fold in the chocolate chips.
- Drop dough onto a baking sheet greased with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes depending on how warm your oven runs. Let cookie cool for 1 minute, then place on a wire rack or plate and enjoy!
*Makes 2 dozen cookies depending on how big you make your spoonfuls