I happen to enjoy this cake best with a nice warm pat of butter and a cup of Fortnum and Mason tea, but this cake would be equally delicious with some vanilla ice cream or even a bit of nutella spread on top of it.
It is cake season after all isn’t it?
Grain-Free Ginger Spice Cake (adapted from this recipe)
- 2 1/2 cups almond flour (also known as almond meal)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground pumpkin pie spice
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup sunflower oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Combine dry ingredients in a bowl and lightly whisk together. Combine wet ingredients in a separate bowl. Mix wet and dry ingredients together until well combined.
- Pour into a greased 9×5″ loaf pan and bake for 45 to 50 minutes (don’t bake too long or the bread will become dry). Remove from oven and wait for the cake to cool before eating.