It’s hard to believe that the end of August is here and September is just around the corner. This year, summer literally just flew by. While I love summer, I’m also looking forward to fall this year for a variety of reasons:
1. Football Season – I do love me some football season, and with my uncle coaching with the Chargers this year, you can bet I’ll be making my way to San Diego for a few games.
2. Pumpkin – It’s true, I love all things pumpkin including pumpkin spice lattes, pumpkin candles, pumpkin bread, pumpkin oatmeal, and these decadent looking vegan pumpkin cinnamon rolls I found on pinterest.
3. Fall Clothes – Boots, jackets, sweaters, colored jeans, etc. I am determined to get a new pair of black boots this year and could use a few more pairs of colored denim, even though I have been wearing my red denim jeans to death this summer.
4. Wedding Planning – After becoming engaged in July, the rest of the summer was a bit of a whirlwind with a very busy schedule at work and fun travel to Colorado. Things will hopefully slow down a bit in the fall which will give me a chance to finally focus on some wedding things, like finding a wedding photo booth because that was way too much fun at the wedding last week.
6. Other fall travel – I’m hoping to take a few road trips this fall and possibly a trip out to Vegas if the mood so strikes. Last time I went was when I won money on the slots, so clearly this must be repeated.
7. Comfort Food – I do love the food that comes with fall – warm soups, casseroles and other hearty fare. Perhaps I can convince the Englishman to make his chicken, eggplant and pork paella again.
What are you looking forward to this fall?